Monday 16 December 2013

Trailer Process • The Final Soundtrack


For my soundtrack I was influenced by the natural sounds of fear and panic, such as heavy breathing, a heartbeat and a news report style of narration instead of a voiceover. I also wanted to include a childlike rhyming song to go with the horror conventions of creepy children and layer these together over two contrasting dramatic tracks. I did a lot of research into different sound effects, film scores and 'horror soundtracks' that were on YouTube and from this decided to create my own to give a creepy layering effect. I wanted to achieve an invasive sound that gave the audiences a sense of no escape. To do this I used Adobe Audition CS6 to put together multiple tracks and cut them altogether in a new edited and repositioned order. This took a couple of hours to select the original tracks, get the precise cuts and replay parts in different orders to create the final product. I wanted to a make sure my music was authentic and sounded as though it belonged to the supernatural sub genre, so it gave the sinister atmosphere I was hoping for. 
Adobe Audition CS6 was a professional piece of software I manage to use easily and helped me achieve an essential part of my trailer editing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment