Tuesday 11 February 2014

Poster Process • Design Development


This was my initial poster idea for the photograph.  I made some adjustments to the colour and feel of the picture to give it a darker more authentic look, I then developed this by adding more layers of adjustments to the image and my first pieces of text in place.


I tried to make the image even darker but I felt that this wasn't how I wanted it to look, the edit looked to forced and unauthentic.


I decided to create a ghostly feel by adding a grunge like texture over the top and reduce the opacity so it had a 'scratchy' look over the top. 


I also added quotes and star ratings using the text tool to add critical acclaim, however a technical fault meant that after adding the effects I wanted and reducing the opacity, once I'd saved the file the fonts went to blurry to fix. I decided against this poster idea as I felt it didn't look 'horror', it had more of an independent cinema look. So I decided to choose a different layout instead.


I originally chose to challenge the conventional vertical layout, but to show my understanding of professional existing products, I thought it would be best to demonstrate my skills using the preferred formatting. Although I do like the concept of the horizontal poster, I don't think I was able to fit everything I wanted in and convey enough of the horror genre conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment