Sunday 24 November 2013

Planning • Studio Lighting and Framing Ideas


I had a really clear idea of what I wanted to achieve with my protagonist's hair, using the idea of supernatural force and wind to blow her hair. I also really wanted to use candle light and look at how that gave a creepy effect to the lighting and how it helped the face in the shot. To prepare for the difficulties of this working on the day, I used the studio to practice on myself to gain a sense of understanding how this would work on my own actor Emma.



I tested out my silhouette in a mirror to look at how darkness can help create a creepy effect, then used the idea of back lighting on my test shots. These two photos show how I used certain areas of my body to create a small element of mystery and looked at how the rule of thirds and centering worked for my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment